Sunday, May 23, 2010

In the Raw!

How is your 101 Things in 1001 Days list going? :) Check my previous blog post to give yourself something to think about that is fun and challenging! I am getting lots done on my list and one of them is to eat more raw foods! It has been nice to focus on this more and have more energy through some very long work days.

I recently received a package in the mail of supplies for this raw food adventure. This included 3 recipe books and a mandoline slicer. The slicer is perfect for preparing foods the right width for a dehydrator. (Boot's tail is in the photo!) :)


This is the first time I have worked with a dehydrator, and so far I am impressed! Using my recipe books, mandoline and dehydrator, I prepped some food including the best zucchini!! The zucchini was marinated and then dehydrated. This made them kind of like little potato chips (but no grease!) and the spices included cumin and cayenne... mmm. These were great to take with me while I was away this weekend, but tonight I used them in my dinner. Excuse the camera phone photo, but this dinner took me about 5 minutes to make and even less to clean up from! I whipped up a cheeze sauce in the Vitamix using cashews, a yellow pepper and many herbs from the garden (oregano, parsley, basil...) I wasn't sure what to put this sauce on, so I sliced up a tomato and placed the zucchini slices around it. Adding the sauce and some raw sesame seeds were the final steps:


lots of people don't like raw tomatoes, so I suppose you could use any veggie with a cheese sauce like this. (it was really garlicy and so good!) I am happy to have the new books since the only difficult thing for me with raw foods is that I just don't know what to make sometimes. The next recipe I will make is ravioli... I cannot wait to try it!

Thanks for reading. If you have a favorite raw food recipe, I'd love to hear it! Post it here on on Facebook please! :)

No comments: