Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stuffed Acorn Squash


A quick recipe with a few modifications from Student's Go Vegan Cookbook made a quick and great dinner.


I ran out of mushrooms, so I used white canelli beans and green peas too! At first I was going to skip the maple syrup listed in the recipe, but I'm glad I didn't. The syrup baked right into the squash and was really good, and not too sweet as I had expecting. I could have eaten the squash plain, but the stuffing was too good to miss! Britty and I each had half and it was more than enough.



Those look like nuts in the photo, but those are the white canelli beans. I would have loved mushrooms in this, but the beans made up for it, and I may keep them in next time, even if I have mushrooms on hand!

Hope you're all staying warm! It's freeeeeezing out here!! :)

No comments: