Friday, December 21, 2007

Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes


Oh yes! I broke out Veganomnicon recently and made the *best* dinner and a fun dessert too! I only have time to post the important part: dessert!

Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes

Not only are these super easy to make, you can customize the flavors too. I chose a seedless raspberry filling, but kept the "cake" part of the recipe as is. (I *so* trust Isa and Terry!)

Easy to make batter with little clean up: What's not to love about this recipe? Simple plain cupcakes with a plop of perserves ready for the oven:


Can't resist peeking on them as they bake:


Oooh! They are puffing up and the kitchen smells like doughnuts:


Out of the oven and cooling down. They look like little lickable belly buttons:


Coated by a sifter of powdered sugar, they were a perfect dessert and will be even better tomorrow after we've let them cool more!


Try them! Britty and I loved them and have loved every recipe in Veganomnicon so far! Just when I didn't think I could love Isa and Terry anymore...

No comments: