Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cooking Show


My friend Cindy just informed me of a new cooking show beginning this Sunday on the Food Network. I'm really excited! It's not a vegan show, sadly, but I hope this chef uses lots of veggies and has recipes that I can easily make vegan!

The reason I love this show is because of the host... Brian Boitano! An unlikely candidate for a new food show, so I thought, Brian was my 80's hero as winner of the gold medal in the 1988 Olymipcs. Since 1988, I traveled all over New England to see him! I met him several times and he even commissioned my friend and I to paint shirts for him for his new (at the time) program called Canvas of Ice. How totally fun! We loved watching him skate. (still do!) Now, I hope to love watching him cook! I will pretend the chicken is tofu, I guess. I will also write to him, since we are good friends now (according to me anyhow!) and ask that he include more veggie meals.

20 years ago. I am stalking the skater's bus in Philadelphia before the ice show. Yes, that is his face painted on my shirt! Lol!

Meeting him for the first time and nearly dying of embarrassment for being such a geeky fan:

Getting comfortable with my stalker-ness... check out my GRIP on him!


I'm so excited to see what he can cook! Thanks to the Food Network for wondering, "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" This Sunday! 1 pm! (Eastern time.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Get him to invite you on his show! You can be the special vegan guest-star!
I have wonderful ideas, eh? ;-)

aTxVegn said...

I would have never guessed you for a Brian Boitano stalker - how cute! I hope his show is good. I'll watch with you!

Candi said...

Haha, yes! I will be his guest star, since we are close friends... ;) I do like your ideas!

Yep! 20 years ago I stalked figure skaters... very odd! I can't even count how many times I saw him skate in person. People were worried about me. Anyhow Diann, I hope he makes something with broccoli just for you!

Razzle said...

Brian Boitano!!! No way! Well he used to "heat up the ice", so not a big stretch for him to heat up the oven too. (**crickets***crickets**). But seriously...sounds like an interesting show, and I agree - you should totally call up the show and be a special guest star. You would widen the audience by showing how his recipes can be converted to vegan. Plus, I bet he'd be flattered that you are a true blue fan from way back.

Candi said...

OMG your Brian joke!

On the show? LOL! Maryann (the lady in the last photo) would be so jealous! She was crazy about him! She even knew his favorite pastry and we bought them in NY for him and delivered them back stage (or behind ice rink!) for him. She loved him so much! I bet she'll be watching too.