Thursday, July 16, 2009

Raw Foods - Avocado Dill Salad

Avocado Dill Salad posing in front of Britty's new canvas painting:

(Farm Town friends will appreciate that painting!!)

I have enjoyed adding lots of raw foods into my diet and will keep sampling new raw foods and making a shift when I feel I need to. The day started with fresh blueberries, and lunch was a (macadamia nut) egg salad over romaine. For dinner, I gathered ideas at www.goneraw.com and enjoyed seeing the recipes and forums too! (Check it out!) I found this recipe for avocado-dill salad and knew I'd love it:

Ingredients:

1/2 or 1 whole avocado, sliced into bite size pieces
1 green onion, sliced
1/4 large English cucumber, cut into bite size pieces
juice from half a lemon ( this may be too much for some people so start with less and add more if you think it needs it)
1/4 tsp hemp oil
1 small bunch of dill, pulled off the stem and cut into smaller pieces
a pinch of sea salt

Preparation:

Chuck all bits into a bowl, mix around, and let sit in the fridge for about an hour before serving. The avocado will get a little softer and absorb some of the flavor from the bottom of the bowl. Give it a good mix around before serving and enjoy!*

Recipe from www.goneraw.com

I omitted the lemon juice so that Britty would eat it too. :) Easy, cool, and very good!

6 comments:

Razzle said...

wait a minute - Britty did that painting??? Really?! WOW!! I LOVE IT!!! Oh, and the avocado looks good too. ;)

Miki said...

Hey! Your (daughters?) picture is so beautiful & colorful! Also wanted to let you know that this raw vegan company I really like EarthCafetogo.com is giving away 2 raw vegan cheesecakes this week in exchange for a green wedding comment. Check 'em out www.VeganBride.com/blog (I actually found YOU on this site. Hopefully I get a free cheesecake out of this! Hee Hee)

Candi said...

:) Yes, she did it. I think she got that at the same time you bought that bird one. Remember?

Hi Miki! Thanks for coming by! I'm glad you found me on veganbride! :) I hope you win the two cheesecakes! :)

Miki said...

Thanks, me too! I'm on a fixed budget so winning an insane delicacy would be huge for me! Plus I just like businesses who make my health-food journey easier. I'm really liking your site a lot too! I love the pics and you're so creative with your presentation, it all looks awesome!

Carrie™ said...

Mmmm! Sounds delicious.
I love Britty's painting! Very talented.

Razzle said...

oh yeah. I started my bird one and never finished it (Christmas Tree Shop!) I am inspired to finish it now! I love the colors in Britty's - the way she did the grass in shades of green. Is this hung up somewhere, i hope?