Thursday, July 9, 2009

Black Bean Salsa



I have been trying to eat more raw food and LOVE the recipes I've found in books like Brendan Brazier's Thrive and Wendy Rudell's The Raw Transformation. The photo above is from Thrive and is Black Bean Salsa.

I used soaked sun-dried tomatoes since I was out of fresh ones. The lime in this made it addictive to me! A nice way to eliminate some of the breads I've been eating was to substitute the crackers, chips or any grain for the half an avocado. Very good!! Even better after it has been in the fridge for awhile so the flavors infuse more.

Oh, and those little seeds on top are hemp seeds. Yum!!

4 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Candi said...

Thank you for stopping by and for your comment!!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I'm also another "VEGANCANDY"! It's nice to meet you!! I'm starting a blog/website (www.veganbride.com) after my father refused to support my wedding when he learned I'd be serving a vegan meal! Since then, I'm on a mission to plan the best darn vegan wedding (no budget but a wild amount of energy) can buy!!!
I also am keen on featuring vegan businesses, venues, etc. so if you know of anything exceptional in this sphere, or especially know of a vegan couple who's wedding would make a great feature,-please let me know!!

Thanks for the love & keep up all the great things that you do!
Bless,
:) Candy

JENNA said...

Hemp seeds are the best! I could sprinkle them on anything.