Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lucky Me!

I am a little surprised by a recent opportunity to see Deepak Chopra in person. I am officially going to see him speak and am excited yet learning not to be surprised by these "coincidences!" When you align yourself with what you most desire, it all starts coming in!

Another coincidence was finding a book in my storage room by Deepak Chopra! I didn't remember buying it years ago and its date is 1994. Wow! I remember being interested in spiritual ideas and loved reading more and more! Funny that I find the book all these years later and read it again with a new perspective. It's not just a bunch of cool words anymore!

This book I uncovered is called, "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success." It's fairly simple at first glance. I re-read it now and realize something that someone said to me yesterday is very true: "You've come a long way." Yes! This book is another way of saying things that I hold as unshakable truths.

Here is a bit from the book that I live by and wanted to share:

"Responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation, including yourself.... Once you do this, every so-called upsetting situation will become an opportunity for the creation of something new and beautiful, and every so-called tormentor or tyrant will become our teacher. Reality is an interpretation."

He goes on to talk about defenselessness and how you lose the need to convince or persuade others about your point of view. It's very freeing.

Deepak's books and videos and seminars can get pretty deep, so I am curious about this upcoming discussion. I'm ready for it.

Lastly, I wanted to share the perfect man I built today with Britty! With a carrot nose, sun-dried tomato eyes and a cranberry smile, we're loving him!!


1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

Deepak is wonderful!

Like YOU!